Welcome to the 100 Themes Challenge!
Welcome to the 100 Themes Challenge!
86. Seeing RedThe entire time Carson has known him, Aaron has worn glasses. From what Carson has seen, the frames are always blue (Carson's pretty sure that's been Aaron's favorite color since birth), and they are always top of the line. Even as a child, Aaron was vain enough to brag about them. When Carson first met Aaron, when they were only five, he had never seen glasses beforenot on anyone he cared about, at leastso the spectacles absolutely fascinated him, much to Aaron's disdain.86. Seeing Red by Psijay
It was because he didn't understand them, Carson's pretty sure. Aaron told him that they helped him see; that he was far-sighted, so sometimes reading would give him terrible headaches that the glasses would prevent. This didn't mean much to Carson, however. It just meant Aaron had something he didn't, and he wanted them.
So he stole them on a regular basis.
'Stole' was probably too malicious a word. It turned into a game for the two of them: Carson tried to snatch the spectacles, and Aaron did his best t
2. Love They say that Shadows cannot feel. That is not entirely true. There are feelings that we have but nothing is too strong. Most of us can easily just ignore it and live on. Others go after those feelings. The feelings are what gets us to make our decisions. Like I told before, most of Shadows stay as they are but few decide to go for being Half-Shadows. As such the feelings will be much stronger but our connection into the Shadows will be weaker.2. Love by Knil-Krad
But, out of all of the feelings, love is the strongest. Hatred is another but for some reason love seems to overcome the hatred more often than not. I know several Shadows that changed into Half-Shadows just because of the feeling of love. They found someone they’d share their life forever. And forever is the right word since Shadow cannot die. Or at least we will be having extremely long lives. There are even few who have died and come back from death just to continue their tas
1. Introduction We are something not so unexpected. Something that has been around forever. Something which is around pretty much always but which no-one pays attention into. We follow the command of the light. We are always with you even when you don’t realize or see us. Usually there’s only one of us with you but sometimes there’s more of us. We mainly follow behind but sometimes we come to stay beside you or even in front of you.1. Introduction by Knil-Krad
You might have realized who we are by now. We are from one of the most common riddles. And still there is a difference. What the riddle talks of is of which has no life. We used to have that. Life, I mean. In these days there’s so few of us left. Well, few and few. It depends on how you look at it.
So, who we are? We are The Shadows. Darkish creatures that have been around ever since this world was created. There used to be so many of us that everyone had one and everywhere was
24. WantFor :icon100themeschallenge:, Variation 2, Part 24: Want. I don't own The Legend of Zelda. This is Link x Dark. Enjoy!24. Want by AkuDemyfan
Such a strong word
And having so many possibilities
From easy to hard it can range
From menial task into something horrible
How many times is it said without one’s thinking?
I know I have used it often
I know I haven’t given it much of thought
But in the end..... What do I truly want?
The answer is simple
I smile as I think it through
I want you
But not the
5. RotFor :icon100themeschallenge:, Variation 2, Part 5: Rot. I don't own The Legend of Zelda. This is Link x Dark. I thought this one to be hard to figure out but eventually it just hit me and this is what it came to be. Enjoy!5. Rot by AkuDemyfan
I have seen the downside of this world
I have seen the rotting and decaying monsters
Along with all that is only evil
I thought there was nothing good in this world
I fought against so many bad things that I lost the count
I partly thought it to be a blessing when I was trapped
The world could come crashing down for all I cared
This hell that everyone was living in
Was not worth my time
89. Through the FireFor :icon100themeschallenge:, Variation 2, Part 89: Through the Fire. I don't own The Legend of Zelda, Nintendo does. This is Link x Dark. I decided to take bit different approach to the words. Enjoy!89. Through the Fire by AkuDemyfan
89. Through the Fire
I will walk through the fire for you
Be it in literal or not
I know you will do the same for me
As during that one time
In a house full of fire
From burning we saved several lives
We did not have the tunic of Gorons
The heat and smoke was smothering
But all we could think was to save the family
You told me to wait outside
But I could not listen
Her BirthdayShe was perfect.Her Birthday by GentlemanAnachronism
But then, that was hardly surprising. He had created her to be.
In scientific terms, she was a marvel of genetic engineering. A manmade wonder, harbinger of a new line of beings who were more than superhuman - they could hardly be called anything resembling human at all. Humans were weak, unreliable, prone to disease and unprofitable mutation. They were slow, practically deaf and blind when compared to any other predator, lacking a sense of smell strong enough to be of any use, lacking the claws and teeth to bring down an enemy when unarmed, lacking and deficient in almost every respect. Soft. Pathetic. Breakable. Prone to unwanted emotion.
She was perfect.
She had not been so when he started work, of course. He had wanted an existing model to base his improvements on, not a test-tube grown creature, and she had fit the bill for that quite admirably. So had many others, at the beginning, but the experiments and augmentation had proven all but her defecti
03 -LightGlistening through the window pane,03 -Light by SarahAurelie
I try to keep my eyes shut,
covering my head.
Something forces me up,
eyes wide open,
Some days, I wish it wouldn't.
#44- Two Roads#44- Two Roads by leangreenlimabean
So, you and Sam, huh?" he said after a few awkward moments of silence, his warm brown eyes unusually cold. I glanced at him, surprised.
"Yeah, why?" I asked, suspicious.
"I don't know, I just thought I'd be a little harder to get over than that." His tone was light, but I could sense the layers of hurt underneath. He'd been hoping that I would still be pining for him. I clenched my fists angrily. How dare he? He was the one that left me, not the other way around!
"It wasn't really that hard," I replied coolly, and he grimaced visibly, as if someone had hit him.
"Does he even know what you are? A Selkie?" Milo accused. I gritted my teeth. I knew what game he was playing. "I mean, you can't have a relationship with someone when you're keeping secrets. Not a real one, anyway. It's just a cop out."
That did it. I rounded on him, jabbing my finger at his chest. "You're one to talk, Milo! You have no right to just come waltzing back here, expecting me to fall into your arms again, after you
|More Journal Entries|